Tuesday, May 16, 2006

You Shouldn't Have to Say Goodbye

I read a book in 6th grade called You Shouldn't Have to Say Goodbye and I must agree you shouldn't but the fact is that you do. When I left Huntsville at the beginning of this month I really didn't want to. I felt like I was leaving at the wrong time. I left my friends, my new nephew and a host of other "things" that I felt were important to me there (and Kell is coming back and I wanted to see her). Okay so here's the thing, God knows what is coming before I do. He can see the future and so therefore He knows where I need to be in order to make sure that I have the best. Although you shouldn't have to say goodbye sometimes it is best that you do. Goodbye isn't always permanant, when you put a period of something that does mean the story has ended or that it is over. A period starts a new sentence which can be a continuation of the last sentence or a whole new thought. It is all in the way you look at it. So God sees this summer internship as a learning experience (and guess what, I'm learning already). He has things in store for me this summer and He has placed me exactly where I need to be "for such a time as this." So I'm just going to go ahead and let God has control of all my "situations." This doesn't mean I won't get sad and depressed because I will. This just means with every period comes a continuation or something totally new. Let the story began...

Plus...you know what they (I don't know who 'they' are but when I find out...) say "Absence makes the heart grow fonder"...I guess we'll see.

I love you all you guys no matter where I am.

PS Right now I'm in Columbus, MS (Deep country and I'm going deeper!)

2 comments:

Krystle said...

Be careful girl! And you're right good-bye does not mean the end but it feels better to say "see you later."

Mel said...

wow, have fun!!!

ps...
there's ALWAYS an exception to every rule.

(maybe that was meant for me and not you....)

NEVERMIND!!!