Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Pride goes before the Fall

Have you ever learned a lesson for the second time and still failed? I finally found what I thought was a lesson in a experience I was in. After finding the lesson I was pretty proud of myself. I even told some of my friends about the lesson I had finally found in the experience. You see at first the lesson was hard to find but then it just kind of snuck up on me.
I am always try to find the lesson in any challenges that I face. Unfortunately in this situation I couldn't find the lesson so I decided that there was no lesson. But the other day it hit me like a pile of bricks and it was like a weight was lifted off my shoulders. Feeling rather self-confident I started to share my lesson with others thinking that it was the end of the experience and the end of my lesson it had taught me. This was so not the case, just two days later after my new found revelation I was tested. I was tested to see if I had really learned my lesson and I hadn't. My pride was crushed I felt the weight of all those bricks back on my shoulders. This taught me another very important lesson that I have had to learn over and over again "pride goes before the fall." Remember there is a lesson for every situation but there is also a test. Study hard. ;-D

No comments: