Tuesday, October 25, 2005

"On the Real" My Favorite Pastimes

I love to read, it is my favorite pastime. Reading gives me the chance to take a break from reality. While reading I am in another world and I feel apart of that world. Of course will my hectic school schedule I don't always get the time to read like I want. However I have found a new pastime, writing. It is almost as good as reading (it is probably better). It gives you the chance to have control over a situation. It's like your own little world, you are the ultimate decider of what happens. Writing gives some (like me) the opportunity to express what I would not necessary say out loud. I just completed another short story. I wrote my first short story in 8th or 9th grade. I have also written a number of poems and essays. I am currently working on another short story and an assortment of other literary works. There is one particular one I am very proud of it has given me the chance to truly express myself. As I go back and read some of the things I write I am often encouraged. As a matter-of-fact I read something in one of my books to two of my friends and it shocked me at how they recieved it. Anyway back to my schoolwork until next time.

2 comments:

Krystle said...

Girl I'm with you on the reading thing. I miss reading too but I'm glad you have found enjoyment in you other literary works,lol. I con't wait till your book comes out!! :)

Raquel said...

go jailyn. thats so good. one of the best feelings in the world is being able to truly be proud of yourself and something that you did. im really happy that you found your talent for writing and i wish you the best of luck on your book!