Monday, April 05, 2010

Twitter - The Social Network Phenomenon

I'll try to explain this for all you non-tweeters. Twitter is a continuous online conversation...Instant Messaging (IM) on steroids as I've heard it called. You meet people from all over and just talk to them almost daily about everything and nothing. Friendships, relationships, hate-ships have all started because of twitter. And because you talk and share more with these people daily, than you talk to some friends or family members, you create a bond. I resisted tweeting at first because I felt like it was just a bunch of random people with nothing better to do but get in other people's business. While at times it is like that, it has/had become more to me than that. It's a community, a culture, somewhat of a social movement...

Anywho at this point I have mixed feelings about it...Twitter came at a point when the drama in my life was at an all time high and I needed any escape. Now my escape has become too much like real life...I wondered how long my fascination would last with it... and while I haven't quite given up on Twitter...random hiatus' are very necessary at times...

I have too many mixed feelings about Twitter and my tweeps to explore them here. Just had to get it out there...

No comments: