Wednesday, September 01, 2010

To Whom it May Concern...(Follow-Up Blog)

So this is just a brief follow-up to my blog yesterday. I felt compelled to write for my potential future daughter, because I want her to be better than me.

If you don't have your father's metabolism and end up on the other side of the spectrum I want you to know a couple things. First and foremost, while the world judges you for looks and size, God does not, neither will your father or I. We will love you for the person you become because you belong to us, and will be a part of us. It's never easy to explain the hurt and pain that comes with this issue, but understand that you can rise above this. You are fearfully and wonderfully made, no matter what anyone tells you. It took me a while to figure that out. And while I did talk about your relatives and their constant drive to lose weight, they too will accept you (but you will get tired of the weight loss talk…lol). I promise to do the best I can to create an environment where you are able to flourish and reach your full potential no matter what obstacles may befall you. Feeling comfortable in your skin is important and something only you can do for yourself. But know I will your biggest cheerleader, standing behind you through it all.

Now the tough stuff:

I think childhood obesity is the problem of the parent, and I will do everything in my power to make sure this never happens to you. I am totally devoted to making sure, in all things, you are taken care of. I will not take lightly the responsibility placed upon me. While I will take responsibility for your health as a child, it is up to you to continue that trend well on into your adulthood; once again lending my support in any way I can.

One day you will start to like boys (and they will start to like you), and you will stress about your looks continually. I used to think my weight hindered my dating, but it was my standards (I will make sure you have the same standards…I don't take kindly to females with no standards…blame your grandparents ;-) ). You weight/looks might be a problem for some. But there will be some, like your dad, that will see that past that, and love you for who you are. Those are the ones that are worth your time.

There will also be certain characteristics, like being blessed in your chest (if not you got those genes from your dad's side…haha) that you might not be able to get away from (check our your great aunts). I can't do anything about that *shrug*.

If you are reading this then I am sure you have read my previous blog (which means you've probably read even more, it's cool you probably already knew I was crazy…lol…once again grandparents fault). I came to a lot of realizations later in life after my thought process had be formed, and thus I had to deal with now reprogramming my thought process to be more in line with what 'actually is'. My blog yesterday was my acknowledgment of what 'actually is' and a small step to acceptance. It's not gonna be easy to do this nor has it been, but it's definitely not impossible. Never doubt who or what you are because of the whack standards others put on you. Be content with who you are and in the skin you’re in.

I love you because you are a part of me.

3 comments:

Krystle said...

Thanks Mom! I can't wait until your daughter reads this! I love it! I felt all the love in it!

slaihing said...

Very nice. I may steal this idea for a post of my own.

~Kell Bell~ said...

Love this one too