Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Mirror, Mirror

"Mirror, Mirror on the wall, who is the fairest of them all?" I have realized the more and more I look in the mirror that I have to be content with myself. Others have their opinions but that is all they have. They don't have a say in what I become. The older I become the more I realize the easier it is to accept certain things. It is easier to accept things about yourself you can't necessarily change (especially temporary things). It is also easier to accept things that happen to you. You start to realize the lessons that life has for you sooner rather than later. You also realize what is really important to you. I also know that they are things in life that do not get easier with just living. Things like death, a broken heart, having to say goodbye. Sometimes these things can even get harder but I guess it helps you grow as a person. I guess getting older is a bad thing after all. The older you get, the wiser you get (at least in most cases). Also the older you get the more you realize who you really are. Nite, nite don't let the bed bugs bite. ;-)

2 comments:

Raquel said...

interesting commentary chica, i agree all the way. de acuerdo ciertamente. i have a surprise for you, but in order to get it you have to have a sabbath dinner with all my home girls and i will call you on your cell sabbath afternoon while you are all together. talk to you soon, buen dia!

Raquel said...

btw, go back to not your average girl. i just read it and commented today