Friday, January 08, 2010

Friends...how many of us have them....Friends the ones you can depend on...Friends...

To my ‘Friends’:

Over the years when writing this blog I've done quite a few posts on friends…my friends. Some of you might have read these posts and come to the conclusion that I enjoy and cherish my friends and I do. I enjoyed the time we spent together and the things we shared. I have so many memories that I have shared and could share. Recently I shifted my ideology on friendships…I used to think that I would be friends with certain friends forever…unfortunately that’s not the case. Friends just like most things have times and seasons…and that is what this is about the end of the season…

I pride myself in the fact that everyday I grow more…I learn more…I conquer more. I hope this continues because it helps me discover more about myself daily. The recognition of my growth has caused my friendship with some to wane, and now leaves me torn because it comes with tough realities. Realities that things only change more are you continue to advance and grow…

I think it’s funny the way life changes and leaves you to figure out how to adapt to things it throws at you. Growth can sometimes seem like an unfair and slightly annoying part of life, but my belief is that’s mostly because it's not always apparent when it first happens. For instance, last year on my 24th birthday I was told that I changed and instead of embracing it I rejected it. Because in my mind change was negative, but the reality is a lot of times change stimulates growth if you are ready to embrace it. The truth of the matter was I was evolving and growing. I had to accept some truths. I'm not the same person I was in college. I don’t have the same goals and plans. I have responsibilities. I have bills to pay. I have a husband to take care of. My self-enhancing evolution was taking place and finally after a bit of acceptance from myself I have decided to it’s time for me and those around me to acknowledge it and move on.

Realizing what this evolution means has taken some time, but I am slowing coming to grips with the full reality. It means that I will have to make some hard decisions. One of those decisions is choosing my friends. Choosing friends that I am compatible with, who compliment me and fulfill my needs. Sadly I realized that I’ve been carrying some dead weight as friends, and I am ready to free myself.

While I know this evolution is a continually process, it definitely not an easy one. I am going to lose some friends…I already have, but the reality is that I am maturing and so must my friendships. The things that I once tolerated...I don't want to tolerate any more. As hard as this is I know it’s for the everyone’s good cause the reality is that I am probably as bad for you as you are for me.

So to those who I once loved and will always love, my friends. Some of you will continue on this journey with me, but some of you won’t. This has not been and won’t be easy, but it’s what the life requires at this time. Remember our friendship had a reason, but now the season is done. I wish you well and nothing but the best and continued success.

Love, peace, and more than anything sustained contentment…

WARNING: This is meant for specific parties, if you don’t get it then it wasn’t for you :)

No comments: