Wednesday, May 25, 2011

To Whom I Love...

So Oprah is almost over…I knew she would go out with a bang, so I have been watching her last season rather faithfully. Well they had a BIG shebang for her at the United Center in Chicago. Now I will admit I’d been hating on her. But now looking at it, she has really done something with her clout. She has taken what she has multiplied it and used her time in the media for something we don’t see often…good. I am not going to raise her up on a pedal, but I do think she deserves some kudos.

One thing they have been doing at the end of her shows this season is having her guests send her messages. This was all culminated at the United Center with tons of celebs like Jamie Foxx, Usher, Pattie, Aretha, Will and Jada, Madonna, Rascal Flatts, Stevie, Senfield, Michael Jordan, Dakota Fanning, Beyonce, Maria Shriver, Gale, Alicia Keys, Maya Angelou,  and so on came to bid The Oprah Show farewell. At first I thought, this is so much…but then I realized maybe not. So many time we wait until it’s too late—funerals—to celebrate someone’s life. They should know while they are alive how much they are loved and the influence they have had in people’s lives.

There are so many people I should thank and I know most times I don’t say ‘I love you’ enough, but know when I do say it I mean it from the bottom of my heart. Four years ago after I graduated from college (Wow…four years), the pressure of my relationships begin to get to me. I decided to take a much needed break away from it all and totally unplugged. So I did, but not before I wrote all my friends letters expressing to them how much I love them and how much they meant to me. I needed them to know in spite of everything they had made a difference in my life. I believe that everyone who walks in your life for a day or a lifetime has an impact if you let them. I’ve been thinking about those letters recently and thinking maybe it’s time for some more letters. I will admit that this time around there will be a lot less letters, and that’s OK time has filtered some people out. But the original letters I wrote four years ago are still very relevant, and those people will always have a place in my heart.

So to whom I love...know that our time together has meant so much to me. I love you, and even if we grow apart I always will. We will have and have had our ups and downs, but I think that is part of what makes our relationship stronger. Telling you the truth is not always easy, but is very necessary and I'm sure the feeling is mutual. I appreciate your support, and words of wisdom. Thank you for your prayers. Thank you for thinking of me. Thank you for letting me be a part of your life, and allowing me to share with you, celebrations: birthdays, graduations, births and even failures. I truly believe there is a reason you were put in my life. I hope that my influence and time in your life has made as much of a difference as it has in mine. Lastly, my prayer is even if we drift apart you prosper, that you have nothing but the best.

All My Love,

Jailyn

No comments: