Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Public Announcement

So for the first time in my life I read my poems out loud in a public setting. My creative writing class had to do a poetry reading in Blake Center as part of our final. One of my poems I read in class because it was an assignment. The other one was just a random poem written by me for... Anyway hope you enjoy (if not oh...well).

The first poem was a free verse. "Let the chips fall where they may."

THOUGHTS
Silence…
Alone with my thoughts
Back and forth they go,
Fighting for a bit of attention
And finally they stop
….On you
Your smile, your style
You’re just being…you.
Always thought you were
The one for me
Always thought we would be
But…
Interrupted by another thought
Remember the time you…
Or do you remember…
Caught off guard again
By the thoughts of…me and you
Together…Apart…
Wait…here comes another one
Thoughts haunt me…in the silence
They torture me, repeatedly
As I close my eyes the thoughts
Become subdued…once again
It is silent…
And here I am alone with my thoughts.



The second poem was a cinquain.

Wishing…
Love lost:
looking like new,
dressed up but feeling blue.
Wishing for a love that once was
(lovesick)?


Anyway I just wanted to share this moment in time with everyone. Nite. Nite. :-D

4 comments:

Raquel said...

snap snap,
im impressed
could i be
just like you?
or am i.
only me?

ha ha, you like that dont you?

Will said...

I really like the first one

Mel said...

nice poems. i loved them both. i really liked he first one and i hope he does too........

;)

ゲームの皇帝 said...

U took my poems?>lol j/k Hey, real nice stuff; very creative. I said to myself, here is what I said, it's comming up now: (there is silence) I said very nice, (there is silence) it was very good, which is understood, it's you after all, if depth determed our height you'd be very tall. (there is silence) words can't describe how you feel; you tried to formulate words in the best way you could. The depth of souls can't phathm the formulation of real words to be uttered and designated to the creation of speach to reach your lips. If we only knew....snap snap, snap snap>lol lemme stop cause thas crazy>lol I tried eh?>lol ha ha>lol I is a poet and I is not know it>lol j/k But, yeah the first was my fav too... goooodnight..

-Javario
first division infantry poet; captain javario poet>lol it must be late cause i'm a lil silly!>lol bye (3am) :-o