Saturday, March 11, 2006

Can I Breathe?

It seems like to me since the beginning of this semester everytime I turn around it's something new. Here we are again in that old familiar place, back to square one. Everytime I release one demon another one comes along. I have to be honest with you today I was really ready to move off campus and just finish the semester in my own apartment. The emotional stress of this semester has just taken its toll on me. Well tonight I went to a "Sisters in the Spirit" meeting and what a difference it made in my life. "Sisters in the Spirit" is a group of girls from TX, FL, MD, and now GA since Krystle and I were there. We came together just to have testimonies and prayer. There is so much going on around us that we don't even realize. I have a lot of things to complain about but I have a lot more to be thankful for. We focus so much on our own problems that we become numb to the fact that others are hurting around us. As I sat and listened to those girls talk and cry my problems began to diminish in importance. I am not saying that they are not problems and they haven't strained me but I have so much to be thankful for. I mean despite everything God has sustained me and I have no doubt in my mind that He will continue to do just that if I am faithful. He has brought me too far for me to turn back now.

Sexy Ambitious Ladies Succeeding Always (S.A.L.S.A)

2 comments:

Mel said...

yep... just wanted to see the booty!!

its there!! (inside joke)

Anonymous said...

Sorry about your stresses ! A heavy heart is a terrible pain; reguardless of the situation. Plus @ Melanie>lol it's not that much of an inside joke I get it too>lol But Jailyn back to youf: ahm, like I said before, the stresses of this world right now is nothing but preperaion for the strength we'll need later in life. take good care!

-J@v@rio,

ps; i'm aware what I signed as>lol