Sunday, August 07, 2005

Instant Gratification or Delayed Reaction

I am some one who likes things to happen now. This can really be a challenge when it comes to having patience. I have learned though to channel that need for instant gratification into a learning experience. I have learned that things don't always work in your favor and the best things in life are sometimes the things that are the hardest to obtain. I have learned that waiting sometimes makes the victory just a bit sweeter. There is a time and place for everything and that has been a lesson I have had to learn over and over again.

Instant gratification can sometimes also play into my imagination. I have the tendency to sometimes let my imagination get the best of me. To some people this may not seem like a big issue but in my case it is. You see when that happens I can sometimes throw cautiousness to the wind. This allows my emotions to come in and engulf what sense of reason I might have. It makes it hard for me to make a rational decision because there is so much emotion involved.

This is when delayed reaction is needed. This is when I remind myself of the consequences or cost of jumping ahead of the gun. Most times that is enough to get me back on track but there are times when that doesn't even tip the bucket. Sometimes that is just the push I need to keep me on track and remind me that life doesn't wait for me. It helps me realize that instant gratification and delayed reactions mean nothing if you have done nothing.

Throwing caution to the wind and allowing your heart to lead may not always put you in a comfortable position but it gives you a heck of a thrill on the roller coaster of life. 8-)

No comments: