Tuesday, August 09, 2005

Likes and Dislikes about myself

In 7th grade during my creative writing class my teacher asked us to write about likes and dislikes about ourselves. Well of course in 7th grade this what I had to say:

"I for the most part like everything about myself. I dislike my hair and my feet. My feet are to big and my hair is to short. I really like my personality and state of mind. I like my personality because I try to be kind whenever I can. My state of mind is trying to always be in a pleasant yet funny state of mind so that I won't get bored but have things I to laugh about. God didn't make me perfect, but I'm satisfied."

Please excuse the grammatical errors. But other than that I thought it was summed up in the end pretty well. If only that were true today. I mean how often are we trying to change something about ourselves and others? Reading this made me think if now all I was worried about was short hair and big feet I would be ecstatic. But even though I have a lot more to worry about, I can still find contentment in my life right now. And that is why I am still not perfect but satisfied. ;-0

1 comment:

Raquel said...

i think you're perfect... i'm a little loose with that word lately. and thats ok, because perfection is relative. you are an absolutely perfect roommate, friend, and blogger. a perfect jailyn!