Tuesday, November 09, 2010

Day 09 → Someone you didn’t want to let go, but just drifted.

I think I am beginning to understand reasons and seasons. A lot of time we dismiss the reasons and try to keep people for more than their season. But time has a way of making you change your view on things. I must admit while I consider myself a good judge of character, I am lousy at choosing friends. I believe it comes from my innate need to want to help. I become friends with someone after I help them. Now before all my 'friends' get all up in arms (well the real ones won't)...I'll say this all my friendships are not all like this, but it took me a while to figure that out.

Anywho...I had a friend, whom I loved dearly. She helped me through a real rough patch in life. After that I figured we'd be friends for a long while. But circumstances changed, and priorities got sifted. She made the decision, in my opinion, about our friendship in her inability to be a good friend and her self-centered actions. I made excuses for her and overlooked her lack of respect for me and our friendship one too many times. I believed I tried many times to mend our friendship with no help, she may disagree and that's ok, but in the end I did what was best for me. I guess in the end you could say it was a straw that broke the camel's back. I just realized the friendship was not benefiting me as it should, so I just walked away. I didn't feel the need to explain myself because a blind man could see what was going on. We had finished our season together, and the time had come to move on.

In the end, I wish her nothing but the best, and maybe our paths will cross again...if not it was fun while it lasted, but I've reached my spot and I'm getting off this friendship train...

1 comment:

Monique said...

Friends like that make me question if you ever really knew the person at all. I drifted from a friend too (several actually) and I can't help but wonder if I finally got to "see" her when it the ish hit the fan.