Thursday, November 11, 2010

Day 11 → Something people seem to compliment you the most on

Wow....I just receive so many...kidding...I am honored whenever I receive a compliment. It really makes me realize that people are taking notice even when I am not.

I would probably say my cooking. I hate to toot my own horn, but I am pretty good in the kitchen. I can carve watermelons, make delicious cakes, and soul food that speaks to your 'soul'. And most of it is completely vegetarian.

I am also complimented on my helpfulness. If you invite me to a function I am usually quick to ask if help is needed (my mom taught me it's the polite thing to do). And because of some innate characteristic I have, I stay until the task is complete. If you leave me in a house with a dirty kitchen it will be clean when you get back. I have reorganized and cleaned out people's kitchen cabinets, cleaned pantries, and reorganized office supply closets. I am the personal Thanksgiving cleaning crew. Every Thanksgiving regardless if I cook or just eat...I always clean.

One last one, I reject all the time, my maternal instincts. Everyone is sure I will make a good mother...I'm pretty confident about it too...lol...but not anytime soon. :)

No comments: