Wednesday, June 15, 2005

"Independent Woman" and "Bills, Bills, Bills"

Every girl wants to be an Independent Woman. Most of us want to stand up and proudly proclaim that we can take care of ourselves. But is that the main reason to be an Independent Woman? Not necessarily but I have to agree with Destiny's Child when they said "The shoes on my feet I've bought it, The clothes I'm wearing I've bought it, The rock I'm rockin' I've bought it." That has to be one of the greatest feelings in the world. I love that fact that when I get my check I can buy anything I want. I mean if it is within my means it can be mine. Of course, very rarely does it work that way. They also asks some important questions when they said "Can you pay my bills?, Can you pay my telephone bills?, Can you pay my automo' bills? " These bills are not cheap nor are they paid automatically by the financial fairy godmother. Every month just like clock work they are there to reap the benefits of your labor.

I mean for the 20 minutes my check is in my hand before it goes in the bank and into someone else's hand, I feel really like my labor was well worth it. I really feel that the ultimate "Independent Woman." Of course that feeling is gone in a flash but it comes back every two weeks. It really gives me something to look forward to after a long day. :)

No comments: