Friday, June 03, 2005

My Take on Love

How do you know when your in love? Does love dissipate over time? Is unrequited love still love? If it seems to good to be true, can it be? If you loved then lost how long will the love (or the pain of it) remain? What makes true love so true?

I've heard the saying there are no good guys out there. Sometimes I want to believe this but something in me keeps telling me to hold on. And as much as us girls say this guys say the same thing. Maybe we are both just getting our wires crossed. Maybe we are both are looking in the wrong places.

I know personally for me it is when I see other people getting together and I am sometimes like man why can't that be me. But I have hope the one day it will be and it will be worth the wait. Yes I do get discouraged but it helps to know that the perfect fit could be out there for me, waiting patiently just like I am.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think that love is a choice that a person makes to extend themselves and their lives enough to include someone else. It means choosing to care for someone enough to value their growth as a person and their wellbeing...it shouldn't be impulsive (though some people believe in "love at first sight"). It shouldn't be irrational ... even though many people describe the initiation as falling in love. The choice you make, may be unrequited, confusing, and hurtful at times but it's still real and true. It can last the test of time if your choice is based on growth- your growth, the growth of the person that you love, spiritually, physically, and emotionally.

It scares me that today a lot of people take it lightly...love, that is. It's important to remember that just as you can choose to love, you can also choose to stop loving someone. I belive that though you might always feel emotionally attatched to people, if you make a choice to close yourself off and not extend your life anymore...if you stop considering what's best for growth, if you cross the boundaries of trust and honesty, then you've essentially chosen to stop loving.

Refer to the Bible. Also "A Road Less Traveled" by Scott Peck for different views on the subject.